[08-09-2016] PC Patch notes for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patch build 545.4
We have just released another PC patch for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, v1.4 build 545.4_P5. This patch focusses on critical issues that were reported by users during the last weeks after release.
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
The following fixes are in this patch:
- Fixed a freeze that happened for some players during the subway loading scene.
- Fix for issue where massive stalls would occur in Prague.
- Fixed issue where players could no longer save when they ran out of Steam Cloud space. (When the player runs out of space, the oldest saves will now be removed from the Steam Cloud. They will NOT be deleted and are still available from disk. They will remain present in your in-game ‘load game’ list.
- Improved shadow behaviour in the distance when Contact Hardening Shadows is turned on.
- Fixed issue where tutorial messages could stay/re-appear on-screen after completing the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose input control when hacking certain computers.
- Fixed various UI issues.
Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
As of today, users are also able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.
o WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all.
o Multi-GPU is not yet supported in this patch.
o If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.
o As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date.
Known DirectX 12 issue:
- There is a known bug that causes some very high end cards to regress relative to DirectX 11. This bug is being addressed by the development team.
While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on older versions, we have made a Beta available on Steam, v1.0_build524.6, v1.0_build524.7, v1.1_build524.10, v1.2_build524.15 andv1.3_build524.17 that can be used to switch back to previous versions.
We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!