Shadwen Launching on May 17
Finnish game developer Frozenbyte has today released Shadwen, a stealth-action game set in a gritty medieval world of kings and assassins. The launch price is just $14.44 on PC and the official website is located at Shadwen. The launch platforms are PC, PS4, OS X and Linux.
A new trailer gives a glimpse into the game world full of physics, explosions, traps, and time rewind mechanics:
The game launches at a low price of just $14.44 on PC thanks to a community event earlier in the spring, where gamers all over the world were able to download and play a sneakpeek demo of Shadwen, and contribute to an overall score that lowered the price. The event was a huge success with over 20.000 downloads and over 100.000 killed guards.
The launch price on PC is $14.44 / 14.44 € and $15.26 / 15.26 € on PS4 for PS Plus subscribers.
The regular price after the one-week launch discount period is $16.99 / 16.99 € on both platforms and all stores.
Frozenbyte CEO, Mr. Lauri Hyvärinen, had this to say: "Multiple stab wounds or not multiple stab wounds, that's the question."
Shadwen is available for purchase from Steam, PSN, GOG.com, Humble Store, Origin, and the GeForce NOW store, with more to be added later.
Shadwen is a stealth-action game where the only rule is to remain unseen. Stay hidden - or the ruthless guards will kill you on sight!
Shadwen, an assassin on a quest to kill the king, has a chance encounter with an orphaned girl, Lily. She follows Shadwen on her dangerous journey, but when the ruthless guards get too close, Shadwen must take action right in front of Lily's eyes.
Will Shadwen risk the girl's budding trust by resorting to violence, or try and find another way while keeping her real purpose concealed?
To kill or not to kill - that is the question.
• Move Freely – Sneak and explore around the dark and gritty medieval province and use the environment to your advantage – use your rope to grapple onto rooftops, silently drop from ceilings, or veil yourself in the shadows.
• Stay Hidden – Pick your assassinations carefully. Avoid being seen, heard or getting caught indirectly. Suspicious sights and noises will alert the guards – use it to your benefit!
• Time is an Accomplice – Time stands still when you are not moving Shadwen, allowing you to stop at any point mid-motion. Rewind time to manipulate your past and present actions!
• Use Physics – Use physics and a freely attachable rope to drag and topple objects. Make deaths look accidental; let gravity do the grave work.
• Create Traps and Hazards – Set up traps and hazards to lure guards towards their untimely demise; discover new ways to eliminate or distract your foes by crafting items into deadly surprises, including poison traps, spike devices, decoy toys and more.
• Two Characters – Embrace the darkness with Shadwen and her abilities to protect Lily and create a safe passage for her.