Silent as a shadow in the night Baddo slipped into Princess Rosastella's chambers. He was dressed in fine silks and satin, his face painted with rouge and red lipstick. His eyes were bloodshot from drinking too much wine, but he still looked regal and powerful.

"Baddo," she said softly, "you have to go."

He didn't answer. Instead he grabbed her hand and began dragging her out of bed. She tried to stop him, but he had more strength than she did. The pair of them left the room and down the stairs together. They passed through a series of rooms until they reached one that seemed familiar...

The kitchen.

Baddo pulled her into the kitchen and slammed the door shut. He was breathing hard, as if he had been running a long way. "Baddo, you really need to leave," she said. "They'll find you. They'll come looking for you."

"Who will come looking for me? The guards? They wouldn't dare cross me. I have many friends in the Kishak militia."

"No, the King's men! Baddo, they want to arrest you! I think they're searching for you right now!"

He didn't seem to care. He pulled her into an embrace and planted several sloppy kisses on her face. "I missed you," he said.

"Baddo, stop! You have to go!"

He pulled away and looked at her, frowning. "I thought you'd be glad to see me. That you'd be wild about seeing your old flame."

"I'm a little wild about seeing you, yes. But I don't want you here. You're supposed to be in Volgst. "

"I couldn't go there." He looked away, as if ashamed. "It's a dead end. There's nothing there for me, and I won't let it beat me. I came all this way to see you. I want us to spend some time together, just like the old days."

She looked at him and frowned. It had been so long since they had gone "
Suddenly there was a violent knock on the door. "Baddo! Are you in there? We know you're in there! We're coming in!"

Baddo looked at the door as if it had betrayed him. He let out an angry growl and pulled Rosy towards him, wrapping his arms around her. "Curse my luck," he whispered. Then, he looked at her. "Can you... can you sweep 'round the back? Through the woods and to the old hunting trail? There's a place we can hide."

She lowered her gaze and bit her lip. "What about... what about the guards?"
"I'll distract them," he whispered. "Just go."

She gave him a quick nod and fled past him. He seemed to take a moment to compose himself. He straightened his posture and took a deep breath. His voice was calm and certain. "Baddo the Derro to you," he said. "This is for my Princess."

He walked up to the door and knocked loudly on it. "You there! State your name and business, or be gone!
". "We are the King's men and you are under arrest!"

Baddo let out a loud chuckle. "You are a funny man, friend. But you should know, you haven't won yet."

He stepped back and raised his arms up high. Guards ran into the room, weapons at the ready. Baddo closed his eyes and stopped all of them in their tracks. "Ha! You see this, my Princess? This is what a real man can do!"

He opened his eyes and faced the men, who were stuck on the ground. Baddo bent down and grabbed one by the cuff of his armor. He yanked with all his strength, pulling him towards him. The man struggled against Baddo's grip, but couldn't get free.

"Now, finish me off! Do it, or you're as useless as this one!" Baddo pointed at another soldier.

"No! Low-life, stop!" the soldier cried. "Let me go!"

https://play.aidungeon.io