Frost Giant annuncerà il suo nuovo rts AAA il 9 giugno - Pagina 7

Pagina 7 di 20 PrimaPrima ... 5678917 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 121 a 140 di 386

Discussione: Frost Giant annuncerà il suo nuovo rts AAA il 9 giugno

Senior Member L'avatar di Nightgaunt

Re: Frost Giant annuncerà il suo nuovo rts AAA il 9 giugno

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Mammaoca Visualizza Messaggio
    Si, ma se ci hanno alzato i soldi per una pizza margherita è grasso che cola eh
    Cioè, se è il gioco che vedo su steamcharts ha avuto un picco MASSIMO di 62 player in 4 anni
    Ah francamente pensavo di meno

L'ha sviluppato un tizio da solo, potevi letteralmente andare sul forum di steam a chiedergli se ti aggiungeva roba nuova o bilanciava cose.

Amico di tutti L'avatar di Sinex/

https://youtu.be/0UqxgaWuYss

Qualche secondo in più in game, con la scena dell'immagine in azione

Senior Member L'avatar di LucaX360

Quei pochi secondi sembrano una pre alpha di una pre alpha.
    Immagino che sarà fatto per girare pure sui 486.

a me sembra che per una pre alpha si muova e si veda mooolto moolto bene

https://youtu.be/1m8Z8iVXfDM

Alcuni piccoli aggiornamenti

Motore logico sviluppato internamente e alcuni abbozzi di design per absint

No non si vedono scene in game bicio

Senior Member L'avatar di Bicio

visto

Però i demoni mi arrapano dai

Up per absinthh

Early Access L'avatar di Orologio

Per me sono arrivati lunghi per lo stile cartonoso...ormai viene utilizzato solo dagli studi minori per risparmiare sul comparto grafico...

Poi magari uscirà un bellissimo gioco, ma parte male...non ho hype...

Le bozze più che cartoonose mi sembrano avere l'effetto brushoso delle bozze appunto. Luminose sì ma cartoonose non direi.
    Il modello di struttura demoniaca non mi sembra affatto cartoonosa.
    È super asettica ma anche spaventosa.
    Sembra un edificio per supply che è una camera di torture o qualcosa di simile.

Early Access L'avatar di Orologio

Testoni...manoni...che siano demoni, umanoidi o mech....testoni e manoni....se non è stile cartonoso non saprei come descriverlo.

Poi è già stata mostrata un'alpha ed è chiaramente warcraft 3 che incontra starcraft 2...

..per intenderci, magari fosse un mix tra i due giochi, sarebbe una cosa stellare eh...semplicemente dico che PER ME e PER I MIEI gusti parte con un malus a causa del design che mi ha rotto il caxxo già dai tempi di WoW....

Secondo me sei troppo catifo

Stormgate's Rise - Neuro's Thoughts After Testing

Thanks to the generosity of the Frost Giant team, I was granted another opportunity to test Stormgate in pre-alpha one month after the first test. There were many improvements on the previous version, and the faith I already had in their team has been multiplied a hundred times over. Not only are they working with good ideas, they are *making haste*. The amount of new assets loaded in since the previous version is impressive. The artists are good at what they do and are working quickly.

Gameplay wise, I got to see a major expansion in how players can interact with the map. Gone are the tired days of holding watchtowers and breaking rocks! New uses for our armies await us -- new incentives that can be sought and contested! At a fundamental level, Stormgate is looking to make a lot of interesting action on the map.

They were transparent about their current progress compared with the overall goals they have for the game, and have yet to work on campaign content (single player and co-op) or the monetization framework (similar to SC2). There was major headway in fleshing out the units and structures of the human faction, but Infernals are not playable just yet. The map Tricia and I played on was different, and I was pleased to see the addition of some new ways to find value on the map -- beyond just harvesting 2 resources from patches!

For privacy of their process, I won't get specific about what exactly was in the version I tested, since much is subject to change in this stage of development. Instead I want to express the reasons for my faith in the project as a whole, based on the experiences I had at Frost Giant's HQ.

**WHY STORMGATE CAN WIN**

**1. The Passion**

The people at Frost Giant want to make an RTS. They know ***US*** \-- the devoted nerds who want a hard fought contest of micro, macro and decision-making. They studied the various ways people played StarCraft, be it through 1v1 ladder, team games, arcade, co-op, or campaign. They see the breadth of how many ways RTS can be enjoyed, and want to include all of those types of gamers. RTS might not be the most profitable genre to punch into, but many of us believe it to be the most epic and glorious! I salute their bravery and purity of purpose!

**2. The Freedom**

While it is harder in many ways to build a polished game from a smaller company, Frost Giant is granted many freedoms as a result of not being beholden to a larger entity like Blizzard. For one, they get to establish their own culture and identity as a games company. What is their culture like so far? From what I could tell from my brief visits, it is focused, driven and humble. They know the size of the task ahead of them, and have no delusions of an easy path to success. They work together. When they hit the climbing gym together, they are encouraging and supportive -- wanting everyone involved to succeed from where they are.

**3. The Engine**

StarCraft 2 is a snappy and responsive video game, but it is built on ancient technological constraints. Frost Giant is building something from the ground up, with modern tech. This means faster, better performing game clients that can handle more things going boom on the screen without chunking our computers. This means more freedom to add sweet skins and crazy maps with more going on. While StarCraft reached a very finished level of polish, it had some constraints based on the foundations it was built upon. Stormgate has no such constraints. Stormgate is free.

**4. The Experience**

The people at Frost Giant have been part of developing many of the games we love the most, and at this point they know what the fuck they're doing. Give them time, encouragement, and wishlist Stormgate on Steam.

**5. The Leadership Style**

Tim Morten is a true warrior of strong, compassionate servant leadership. He puts the team before himself and he puts faith in people. When Tricia and I went to the rock climbing gym, he cheered for us to go further. You don't have to lead like that -- many CEOs lead to maximize how things look this quarter. Tim is captaining a crew of skilled sailors toward Destination: Awesome RTS and seems to be leading them in the right direction! Also, he's jacked and climbs like a beast.

**6. The Multiplayer Design**

Kevin Dong is working hard to make sure that all of the multiplayer modes of Stormgate are both entertaining and highly performing. He was on the StarCraft team and knows the level of polish the pro gamers expect, and will frequently check how Stormgate performs compared to StarCraft in responses to player behaviors. If things get slow or clunky somewhere, they work hard to iron that out. Content wise, Stormgate will have lots more valuable reasons to get your army out of the base for some fresh air, I can tell you that! Also, Kevin is jacked and climbs like a beast.

**7. The Office**

The Frost Giant studio is in a new building and very well kept. They have a gym and a cafe with plenty of windows and sunshine. There wasn't any sticky stuff on the floor. Their office is dog friendly. A couple dogs walked by during the playtest and were well-behaved. The Frost Giant team has a focused energy about them while they work -- at least while I was there.

**8. The Cara**

Did you know that Day9 and Tasteless's mom is on the Frost Giant team? She's cool as heck, and wants you to spread the word to your friends to wishlist Stormgate on Steam!

**9. The Art Style**

The lighting of the maps and the distinct shapes of the units makes Stormgate a very visually accessible RTS that doesn't compromise on style. The direction they are choosing will make it more friendly to both player and spectator to track the action of what is going on and enjoy which units are doing what in the fight.

**10. The Community Engagement**

Theirs is a team that listens and wants lots of community feedback. On their subreddit /r/stormgate they are regularly asking the community for their opinions. When I visit, I feel heard and understood. Integrity like that is rare in this world and I salute their righteous process of making a heckin amazing videogame. Keep it up, Frost Giant!

\-Neuro

Bannato

Mi meraviglio sempre di come constrained sia utilizzata regolarmente e non sia invece una di quelle parole tecniche poco applicabili al discorso.

Senior Member L'avatar di Nightgaunt

Ma perché tutti i giochi oggi devono fare il cash flow a tempo indeterminato?

Senior Member L'avatar di LucaX360

Insomma, mi aspetto caghino fuori una roba a livello di Starcraft

si parla si parla e ancora nessun video gameplay

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Nightgaunt Visualizza Messaggio
    Ma perché tutti i giochi oggi devono fare il cash flow a tempo indeterminato?
    perché è un free to play senza abbonamento con l'ambizione di essere il punto di riferimento per gli rts nei prossimi anni, con ingresso continuo di nuova utenza e senza l'aspettativa di vita di un titolo di un genere di nicchia, con supporto continuo

con questo non dico che credo al 100% che lo sarà eh, riporto solo gli estratti degli sviluppatori

Bannato

E come li fanno i soldi scusa?

Fin'ora non ho visto un rts con microtransazioni che sia sopravvissuto più di qualche mese non è un'accoppiata che funziona, però ci provano sempre mi riferisco a rts nati con questa metodologia di business e ci hanno provato in parecchi

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
Chi Siamo
Forum ufficiale della rivista
The Games Machine
Seguici su