Ebbene sì. A sorpresa, snail game, che ha acquisito i diritti del gioco nel 2011, ha annunciato di volere lanciare D&L entro pochi mesi. Qualche cambiamento per aggiornarlo agli standard odierni (Unreal engine 4) e le promesse di un mmo epico sono servite.
Il vecchio D&L (un progetto che affondò tra mille polemiche e scontri legali... ah, che ricordi) resterà nella storia come uno dei peggiori fallimenti di sempre, il nuovo speriamo lo faccia per motivi opposti.
Dark and Light
1. Bill Sun acknowledge Dark and Light used to be on the same level as EverQuest and World of Warcraft around 2004. The game had a revolutionary idea for a sandbox MMORPG, but the technology at that time could not support the intended features. Hence, the game did not see continued success.
2. It was stressed that Dark and Light will not have any class restrictions, players can be “anyone” in the game.
3. Players will be given a few different villages to start their journey, but they can also choose to start from the wilds instead. Of course, the latter decision will be a much tougher one in terms of initial progression.
4. Players’ aim is to build up settlements as progression, and will meet core features including “Magic”, “Summon”, “Capture”, and “Training”. As each player settlement grows bigger, they might stretch to within distance of other players. Of course, that would be the start of PVP. Resources will be burnt to maintain a war, and the attacker will need to figure out how strong the opponent’s defenses are.
5. Dark and Light will still be using the same world view from the original game, including the design of structures and monsters (other than converting to Unreal Engine 4 since last year).
6. Every different weapon in the game will have its own skills and action, the same for magic. Snail Games will only set rules for the world of Dark and Light, the rest is up to players to decide.
7. The first beta test will begin later this year, with 3 villages for players to start in.
1. The current business model in mind is for players to buy the full original game, followed by DLC content.
2. This option would be the best as these 2 games are slated to launch on Steam and on consoles.