Il thread delle musiche dei vecchi videogiochi, dei remix, ecc. Il thread delle musiche dei vecchi videogiochi, dei remix, ecc. - Pagina 10

Pagina 10 di 13 PrimaPrima ... 89101112 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 181 a 200 di 251

Discussione: Il thread delle musiche dei vecchi videogiochi, dei remix, ecc.

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Re: Il thread delle musiche dei vecchi videogiochi, dei remix, ecc.

A double-CD collection of Amiga game music remixes, inspired by the mightiest computer games magazine ever conceived by human beings.
    Created by
    Matthew Smith
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2903914

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Ho interiorizzato motivetti che voi umani.

(Anche se le versioni "più incalzanti & ruspanti" del coin-op sono un'altra cosa rispetto a queste).

o feio

Per rinfrancar lo spirito tra un chiptune e l'altro, infilo un off-topic al 99,9% gentilmente elargitomi dalla mia memoria senza quasi motivo alcuno: È meglio Mario, nenia zecchinoaurea del 1996 composta certamente in risposta alla preoccupante penetrazione sempre più massiva del silicio nelle case dei pargoli. Mario probabilmente bullizzava i compagni di calcetto e spintonava le ragazzine, da adolescente certamente sarà diventato consumatore abituale di crack e da adulto si sarà messo a rapinare gioiellerie, ma che importa? Il suo disgusto per il divertimento elettronico (fatte salve, eventualmente, le macchinette delle sale slot) lo rende prediletto nel regno dei cieli.

EOF

Dottore ma non Zoser L'avatar di Mental Ray

Sarà stato sicuramente già postato, ma chissene. Musica spettacolare! Shadow of the Beast!

quello che fa l'aikido L'avatar di Viggio
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Viggio Steam ID: Viggio1979

La OST del 3 era meravigliosa

https://youtu.be/JRahqQ3EPL4

Inviato dal mio BLN-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

Playstation 4Pro, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 3, Playstation Vita, Playstation TV, Playstation Portable, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Sony PSX, Sega Mega Drive, Mini SNES - PC: CPU Intel i5 2500K ,MoBo Asus , 4x2GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Mhz , GeForce GTX 570 1280MB DDR5, SSD OCZ 60 GB, HD Maxtor SATA 320 GB 7200 rpm, Sound Blaster Extreme Gamer Fatal1ty 64 MB, sistema audio Creative 5.1 -

o feio

Anche questa è estremamente OT, ma che vi devo dire? fatemi causa. L'ho appena disseppellita e me fa' troppo sbraga'

EOF

o feio

Epicness Evolution

EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Dino Dini lo sa. Che non lo caga nessuno quando fa musica. Ma lui la fa lo stesso, per passione .

https://www.facebook.com/dinodiniofficial/

Ultima modifica di Major Sludgebucket (ABS); 18-09-20 alle 19:17

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=AjEx292Ph8M

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Toh, beccatevi questa, una delle mie preferite: https://musescore.com/codebreaker/scores/5163286

o feio

Stavo cazzeggiando su RKO, beccato questo mix tra l'intro e l'outro di Last Ninja 3 e, beh, mi è garbato.
    EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Opossum Visualizza Messaggio
    Stavo cazzeggiando su RKO
    Brafo .

Devo rimettermi al passo, vedo che Peter Clarke (un musicista dell'epoca d'oro che si è messo a remixare, praticamente penso sia conosciuto solo per Bubble Bobble , ma ha fatto cose che apprezzo) ha sfornato varie robe negli ultimi tempi.

o feio

A me di Clarke piace molto anche Mystery of the Nile (dove tra l'altro si nota che l'"impronta" dell'autore è la stessa di Bubble Bobble)
    EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

This album is an experiment in minimalist ambient drone style music created using a Commodore 64’s SID 6582/8580 chips.

Relax & enjoy!

Stay safe! ❤

Seth & Michelle

https://8bitweapon.com/

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

8-Bit Symphony Pro: Second Half - more C64 orchestral epics
    Hollywood-grade orchestra records the epic Master of Magic, Nemesis the Warlock, Wizardry, Super Huey, Dragon's Lair II and lots more.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...more-c64-epics

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Da C64.com.

Mini interview with Alistair "Boz" Bowness about how Martin Galway's long lost music to Street Hawk was found and released on the C64

Ocean Software, trying to dominate the market, bought licenses to make conversions of tv-shows such as Knight Rider, Miami Vice and Street Hawk. Street Hawk ultimately took too long to finish and so Ocean scrapped it. Martin Galway has been talking about the music for the game in interviews and it has left fans eager to hear what he composed. Boz was the guy to get the Street Hawk music going on the C64 and I just had to ask him a few questions about this!

Boz, you had the chance to write a cross-assembler to make Martin Galway's long lost tune(s) to Street Hawk available to us fans. How did that come about?
    Well, I knew it was written in Ocean's Cross Assembler (Atari ST to C64), but that program wasn't available to us. So I had to put my thinking cap on and find another way of doing it. The thing is, whoever made the cross-assembler was basing their code on ZEUS, the assembler that Galway was using beforehand. That editor used "tokens", much like C64 BASIC worked. To save space, for example, the word "PRINT" wasn't stored as five characters, it was stored as a one-character token (ASCII code 153 in this case). ZEUS assembler did the same thing, but for assembler mnemonics. So, I worked on two programs: One that turned this slimmed-down tokenized file into human-readable form (so I could see what the actual source code looked like) and then an actual assembler that processed these mnemonics into actual machine code.

Martin Galway had sent over his original C128D to the UK along with the rest of his disks. Why was it important that you had the original C128D? What was on those disks and did anything code-wise aid you in the creation of the cross-assembler?
    Galway started making music on an original C64 and when he moved onwards to a C128D, he actually transplanted his 6581 chip from that computer to his new C128D. We wanted the closest recordings we could of him listening to his compositions the way he heard them. To start with, this wasn't so much of a problem. It’s when he started using filters that it got important. Commodore shaved as much money as it could to make a decent profit from its computers, one of the side-effects of this is that chip manufacturing – from MOS whom it owned – was compromised somewhat. The filter settings were always a little bit different from one chip to the next. On one chip the low-pass filter could be very "open", for instance, but on another, it could sound very "dull". Interesting side-note: When Galway started composing tunes using filters, he had actually written a subroutine that could open up or close down the filters, but no developer added that option in their games.

There was nothing code-wise that aided me, I had to start from scratch. So, I wrote little apps that interpreted all these tokens to see what they were actually trying to do. That took me a little while!

Was there a copy of the famed Ocean Development System on there?
    Unfortunately not. As mentioned, I knew that the first assembler Galway used was ZEUS, so I tried to get as much information on that, because Ocean's tool developers based the Ocean Development System (ODS) on that. But there was plenty of gap-filling to do!

Please tell us some detailed information about the cross-assembler and how you went about and crated it.
    Now we get to the most embarrassing part of the the story, and it needs a little set-up: When this opportunity came about, I was heavily into using PHP to make a lot of automated web sites for customers. I was a consultant at this time so I had a reputation to uphold. The deadline was quite short, for reasons I can't really remember but I think we needed the CD to be ready for Back in Time Live: Brighton, so we could promote it in a live environment. Anyway, I think I can feel a lot of people cringing right now, BASM (which is what I called my suite of software, short for "Boz's Assembler") was written in PHP. Yes, I know... but it was the scripting language that was in my head at the time. I didn't use any of the actual web-writing stuff, I just made it a command-line program. I don't think anyone has made a C64 assembler in PHP (AND NEVER WILL DO!), so I'm a first on that. The important thing here is that it actually worked.

I was not expecting PHP! I didn't know that you could use PHP for such tasks. Cool! What did you end up with in the end? An assembler file that you could run on a C64/emulator and also edit in a text editor/cross-assembler?
    Yes, to go into a little more detail, there were two programs: One that detokenized assembly files into human-readable assembly mnemonics, and one that actually compiled this into 6502 code. Before these two procedures, I used a parallel cable (called the X1541 cable) and The Star Commander, a program which used this cable to copy from a 1541 disk drive. I just went through them all to get them onto the PC a soon as possible.

Did you consult Martin anything during the process?
    Yes, we had quite a few messaging sessions where I just needed clarification on certain subtunes, or if he remembered any special mnemonics from the Ocean cross-assembler that were non-standard to 6502. I got a lot of help from him, which was good!

When you were looking though the disks, did you already know that it was a good chance Street Hawk and the other small ditties that was found were on there?
    Galway was pretty convinced that he had kept all of his stuff in one disk case, so the chances of finding Street Hawk were high. It was right near the back of the bunch though, actually I think he kept the disks in chronological order, which was good! I remember there were a couple of disks that didn't load properly though. That's the trouble with 5.25" disks, especially those left in an attic for 20+ years. I did all I could to retrieve anything I could from the "broken" disks, but I don't think it was anything relevant. Thankfully the disk that had Street Hawk on it was readable.

I remember the first time I compiled Street Hawk: due to a misunderstanding of a non-official ADD command (which doesn't exist; it was a ZEUS built-in macro of CLC and ADC), I forgot to clear the Carry flag; every note that was played by the lead instrument just rose upward and it was the most awful thing to hear! Jason "Kenz" Mackenzie happened to be working behind me and we turned to each other, doubling up in laughter to the awful sound we were hearing!

How exciting was it to look though the disks?
    Oh, fantastic. Galway had written labels on nearly all of the disks, so when I read them, I was thinking "ooh, I'll hear such-and-such and see its code!". But there were also a few unlabeled disks, which is even better! Street Hawk was one of them. A disk that had no label - what treasure am I going to find?! That was awesome.

How long did it take you to get Street Hawk playing, counting from when the C128D was in your hands?
    A couple of months, actually. I recorded all of the tunes I knew I didn't have assembly files for (by just transferring the SID file from HVSC to disk and then playing them on Galway's C128D). After that is when I knew I had to knuckle down and detoken the assembly files, then write an assembler. Street Hawk was actually the last SID I recorded.

Why was there tunes from other games in one of the versions of Street Hawk?
    I asked Galway what they were for and originally they were going to be used as small "transitions" between different parts of the game. He thought it would be cool to use snippets from other tunes he's done!

Where is the C128D now?
    It's back in Texas, in Galway's safe hands, as far as I'm aware.

A big thanks to Boz for answering my questions! I truly love digging into stuff like this. If you guys have additional questions, please write them below. I’m sure Boz don’t mind answering them.

See Boz's Street Hawk demo: www.c64.com?type=2&id=1108

Listen to the Street Hawk music: http://deepsid.chordian.net/?file=/M...treet_Hawk.sid

Read more about the Street Hawk game: https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/streethawk

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

o feio L'avatar di Opossum'

Non sapevo questa cosa. E insomma... per me la sigla di Street Hawk è uno dei capolavori eighties (roba dei Tangerine Dream, del resto) e -sempre per me- Galway e IL musicista di riferimento per il biscottone, quindi l'idea della musica del Falco in mano a Martin mi manda assai in solluchero. Ad ogni modo, ne è venuta fuori una cosa non brutta ma abbastanza standard, direi: non si può avere tutto dalla vita. Bell'articolo comunque.

Spoken word

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Richard Bayliss conduce il SID a nuovi livelli di tunztunzeggiamento propri dell'era contemporanea.

Bella, mi è sempre piaciuto lo stile di Bayliss (nonostante un mostro sacro come Ian Coog non abbia mai avuto parole tenere per lui (anche se si riferiva più che altro a Bayliss come programmatore, più che musicista))

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
Chi Siamo
Forum ufficiale della rivista
The Games Machine
Seguici su