Dopo una settimana convulsa, con notizie di bancarotta e rumors incontrollati, riecco i finnici con un nuovo corposo update da 2 GB, include supporto al modding e altre varie cose
Sviluppo comunque all'insegna della suspence, sarà una sofferenza fino alla fine, che sia lieta o meno.
We’re back with a bang and you read it right: the latest update to Wreckfest adds an official vehicle modding support for both single and multiplayer, something that obviously many of you have requested to make Wreckfest an even more thrilling, unique experience. A recipe for awesomeness!We’re providing you all the tools you need to export your vehicle model from Autodesk 3ds Max and then set it up correctly. The provided TGA to BMAP texture compiler can be used for other modding purposes as well, not just for vehicles. Be aware that since this is the first time ever that mods are officially support by the game it’s very likely that there will be quite a few hiccups along the way to make Wreckfest a robust platform for modding. Please also note that many things will still change and there is no guarantee that your mod will not break in a future update (or every update!).
To create a new mod first you should create a folder under “mods” that will contain your mod data. You can name the folder as you wish, for example ‘mods/MikesPowerMod’, ‘mods/SamsVehiclePack’, and so on are all valid names. You can create as many mod folders as you wish, so it’s definitely a good idea to create an own folder for each mod. The mod folders should have the same structure as the game’s main data folder (so first subfolder will be ‘data’), but only contain edited or new files. After you’ve created your car, you can enable in in the in-game mod manager found in the garage and it will appear in the in-game marketplace (price can be set to 0).
More instructions can be found in the game’s ‘tools’ folder.
Things to note:
- Provided tools allow exporting car models from 3ds Max and converting them to the game’s format.
- TGA to BMAP texture compiler is also provided for texture modding.
- Use included BagEdit editor to modify car’s parts and paramaters.
- An example Wwise project and a guide for creating your own vehicle sounds can be found in tools/wreckfest_vehicle_audio_tools.zip.
- Mod cars give no rewards and are not allowed on leaderboards.
- You should not edit stuff inside the original ‘data’ folder, rather copy the files you want to edit to your mod folder.
- Multiplayer requires that server and clients have the same mods enabled (though some things like car skins are excluded as before).
- Dedicated server can also require mods by configuring mods=some_mod,other_mod.
Other changes and new stuff in the update:
- Parts no longer wear in multiplayer. As a consequence, multiplayer gives no crew experience and much less money reward.
- Multiplayer now offers “rental cars” which cost nothing but also give no rewards at all.
- You can now view server’s welcome message before joining, in the server browser. Feel free to list your required mods there.
- You can now bring your favorite car to the front of the list by clicking the star icon.
- Added lobby context menu options to show Steam profile page and open Steam chat for selected player.
- Fixed Asian 1 shadow.
- Fixed derby scoring sometimes stopping.
- Fixed incorrectly set aero drag/torque.
As always, thanks for sticking with us!