La biblioteca (segnalazioni di libri, articoli interessanti, ecc.) La biblioteca (segnalazioni di libri, articoli interessanti, ecc.) - Pagina 25

Pagina 25 di 54 PrimaPrima ... 15232425262735 ... UltimaUltima
Risultati da 481 a 500 di 1064

Discussione: La biblioteca (segnalazioni di libri, articoli interessanti, ecc.)

o feio

Re: La biblioteca (segnalazioni di libri, articoli interessanti, ecc.)

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Major Sludgebucket (ABS) Visualizza Messaggio
    How much of a genius-level move was using binary space partitioning in Doom?
    E1M1, the first level of Doom, was actually brought to you by the US Air Force. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/...oning-in-doom/
    Mi sta gocciolando il cervello

Il video
    EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Non ho idea della presunta utilità di questa ennesima cartuccia per C64 scagliata sul mercato, ma sicuramente è stilisticamente tra le più carucce evah.

o feio

In questo ozioso inizio di duemilaventi possono capitare cose strane, come cominciare la ricerca di una cosa bizzarra -un video di un certo hack sudcoreano di Street Fighter II in cui appare Terry Bogard, che sono sicuro di aver visto nemmeno troppo tempo fa- e terminare di link in link su questo affascinantissimo (almeno sulla carta) testo intitolato autoesplicativamente Cultural Code: Video Games and Latin America. Peccato il prezzo decisamente eccessivo, comunque qualche stralcio si trova su Gùgl Books.

Scopro fra l'altro a pag. 110 che i Twin Eagles non sono stati i primi cagatori di codice peruviani (ricordate GunBee per Amiga? Venne recensito anche su TGM, negli anni cui era rimasto solo Maxime a tenere botta): già nel 1987 una fantomatica Sistap ci ha regalato Las aventuras d'Onofrio per gli Atari 8bit, la cui sopravvivenza è documentata e graziosamente propalata* tramite il sempreverde internet.

PS: l'hack di Street Fighter comunque non l'ho ancora ritrovato.

* non scassatemi il cazzo perché su questa pagina si trova la rom, eh. No dai, davvero, proprio no.
    Ultima modifica di Opossum; 02-01-20 alle 18:25
    EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Eliza was the first chatterbot to make a splash in popular culture... https://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/eliza

ELIZA è un Chatterbot scritto nel 1966 da Joseph Weizenbaum che fa la parodia di un terapeuta Rogersiano, in buona parte rispondendo al paziente con domande ottenute dalla riformulazione delle affermazioni del paziente stesso. Così, per esempio, alla frase "Mi fa male la testa" il programma può ribattere con "Perché dici che ti fa male la testa?" oppure la risposta a "Mia madre mi odia" potrebbe essere "Chi altro nella tua famiglia ti odia?" | Continua su -> https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA_(chatterbot)

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

From the introduction:
    "The characters of the SADKO game are Russian epic hero Sadko
    and his friends travelling altogether across the Nordic seas
    seeking for fairy-tale Phoenix bird. Their ship is attacked by
    the ferocious sea monster. So the trip is suddenly interrupted.
    All Sadko's friends are imprisoned by Varangian Prince - the Lord
    of Seaside Castle. But Sadko escapes and tries to rescue his
    friends."

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Royal Mail UK video games stamp collection is actually really great

Tomb Raider, Lemmings, WipEout, and Sensible Soccer are amongst the British video game classics being honoured by your local post office.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/07/royal...great-12017552

o feio

(Non è gaming, benché sia retro, ma che vi devo dire? Se non vi sta bene fatemi causa)

Un video che mostra alcune delle meraviglie dello Scanimate, leggendario generatore analogico di effetti-video-con-quel-feel-pacchiano-da-anni-'70-che-innamora.

EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Bello .

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Jean-Philippe Plazas:
    Last month, I'm walking towards one of my favorite record shops in Tokyo, where I live. I do this walk several times a week, since many many years, but that day I noticed something I've shockingly never noticed before. A beautifully looking and authentic AMIGA sign, hanging right there, 10 meters away from the record shop.

I decide to investigate a little and open the door of the old clothing shop underneath the sign but the lady was busy with some customers.

I go again the next day and ask her what does she know about the AMIGA sign. She introduced me to the owner of the second floor, where the sign is hung. It turns out, the Amiga sign belongs to him! He used to run an AMIGA *only* computer shop until 1992. From 92 to 95, he switched to selling PC machines, but Amiga users kept coming to his shop for maintenance. He definitely closed it in 1995 but started a new activity as video editor for movies, in the same premises. However, the Amiga was a dear computer for him so he decided to keep the sign as a nostalgia item, reminding him of the old times. He was surprised that someone inquires about it, because even back in the times, Amiga was very unpopular in Japan. Of course, he's not willing to dispose of his sign, but i'm glad it belongs to someone who has a real connection to Amiga and knows its value. He even knows about Demoscene

o feio

Un negozio esclusivamente Amiga in Giappone? Non l'avrei mai immaginato nemmeno nei miei sogni più bagnati
    EOF

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

La Stampa, 15 aprile 1984: «Maschio, tra i 18 e 40 anni, gioca fino a notte fonda (la moglie lo sa, ma lascia correre) con un partner venuto da lontano (Giappone o America)... Il terzo "scomodo" si chiama personal computer. Nella nostra città l' "amante informatico" è nato pochi mesi or sono, ma già si parla in Italia di "caso Torino" per l'enorme espansione del fenomeno. Oggi nel salotto di oltre 20 mila famiglie vive l'ospite fisso che sconvolge abitudini consolidate... "Certo, le mogli non si innamorano della macchina. La giovane sposa di un mio amico è arrivata ad accusarlo di crudeltà mentale quando a Natale lui le ha chiesto di regalargli 32K (cioè memorie), non per la spesa, che era poco superiore alle 100mila lire, ma per la monomania dimostrata"».

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Tommy Tallarico is making a lot of noise about Intellivision https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/12/t...ntellivision/2

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

The Video Game Industry Is Over 50: Who's Keeping Track of Its History? https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...istory-1260004

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

“It felt like robbery”: Tomb Raider and the fall of Core Design
    In their words, devs say how things got too big, too fast—leading to studio shutdown. https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...f-core-design/

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

RASPBERRY PI 4 AND THE STATE OF VIDEO GAME EMULATION https://hackaday.com/2020/01/14/rasp...ame-emulation/

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

Major Sludgebucket (ABS)

https://videogamehistorian.wordpress...te-and-a-book/

Four years!?! Where has the time gone? The answer is to working on a variety of projects that required me to step away from this blog.

First, the big one: The first volume of my literally years in the planning history of the video game industry has been published! They Create Worlds: The Story of the People and Companies That Shaped the Video Game Industry, Vol. I 1971-1982 is now available from CRC Press. It can be found on the publisher’s website and major online retailers such as Amazon.

Fair warning: its a bit pricey. A mainstream publisher was never going to tolerate three 500-600 page volumes of in-depth video game industry examination, so going into the academic world was really the only option. I also wanted to avoid self-publishing, as I see my books as important foundation works for more research into the industry, and self-published tomes by unknown authors lack credibility. This meant I had to engage an academic publisher, but going that route does mean the final product ain’t cheap. I certainly understand if that makes anybody think twice. What I will promise is that if the price is not an obstacle, this is the most in-depth examination of the early industry ever written with many stories that have never been told before in print.

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •  
Chi Siamo
Forum ufficiale della rivista
The Games Machine
Seguici su